Sunday, March 21, 2010

I love you MOM!
Because...

Five reasons why I love my mother? Well, to be very frank, I can't think of even one reason for that, let alone five. I think reasons are required for those facts that fall in the dimension of rationalism. While talking about love, we leave behind all our basic rational postulates, and all our mundane logics fail there. Love is something beyond the logical premise we normally use to analyse or reason. Love is unaware of 'good' or 'bad', 'gain' or 'loss', 'true' or 'false', and that puts it in another dimension of what we call 'logic'.

Tum mohobbat mein kahaan sood o zayaan lay aaye?

Ishq ka naam khirad hay, na junoon hay, yoon hay!

--Faraz

I can claim that I love my mother because she cooks delicious meals for me, or because she irons my clothes, or because she gives me pocket money but the fact is that even if she didn't do all this, I would still love her. Why, I don't know. It's something innate; there's no reason for that. The thing that matters now is the end result. And that's that I love her… Love you, Ammi! :)

Ali Suleman


[http://jang.com.pk/thenews/may2009-weekly/us-08-05-2009/p20.htm#1]

3 comments:

  1. (:
    she must be really proud to have a son like you.
    After reading the title, my first personal opinion was 'now that's gonna be a HUGE lambi wali list' but now, even i am speechless.. the reasons are indescribable.. no words can describe this lovely and precious bond that exists between the two.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks :) But I never showed it to my mother. I don't consider it worthy enough :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. ^ haha...just read it to her then!

    and you quote 'faraz' too?? my cousins in paki get his quotes/poetry via text messages...its kinda strange at times.

    sweet post through

    ReplyDelete